I have been watching the development of the fitness band market place for a while. There are so many for sale now to suit all budgets.
I was very lucky to receive from Graeme for Christmas the Fitbit Surge, which for me ticked a lot of the boxes to suit my lifestyle.
Here are the main features:
- GPS enabled – monitors my runs, speed, distance, time etc
- Pure pulse heart rate monitor, inbuilt in band.
- Monitors steps, floors, calories, active minutes
- Monitors all day activities
- Long battery life
- Monitors sleep
- It has a Fitbit app dashboard with shows you all your stats
- You can share your results with friends and see their activities
- You can participate in challenges
So far, so good. In my opinion, priced at £149.99 it’s not the cheapest on the market but you get a lot for your money and it’s easy to use. The information it produces it very clear, concise and easy to follow. I am still learning, there is a lot more I can do with it for example, I need to set up my text alerts to appear on the watch.
The only negative thing I would say is that the watch, in comparison with the Apple watch is quite big and square for a ladies wrist. On the other hand, it has GPS which is a must for me and the Apple watch does not. So therefore in conclusion, functionality wins verse elegance on this occasion.